1. At this link: APPLY
2. Download the COVER Application, and then mail a copy to Gail Guernsey, homeowner coordinator.
COVER Home Repair
Attn.: Gail Guernsey
158 South Main Street
White River Junction, VT 05001
3. Contact Gail by phone or email to request an application to be sent in the mail: email@example.com, (802) 296-7241 ext.105
1. Eligible projects must address urgently needed repairs to a residence. Urgently needed projects are those that will restore the basic function of the home so that the occupant can carry on their regular routines or prevent further damage to the home.
2. The project is within 45-minutes of White River Junction, Vermont. This calculation can vary so when in doubt please don’t hesitate to contact us.
3. The project must be appropriate for a volunteer crew. We can not do trade work such as plumbing, electrical work and furnace installation or work needing heavy equipment.
4. The homeowner must be willing to participate. This can take place by working with the volunteers, recruiting friends to help, or preparing lunch or a snack for the crew. We ask that homeowners contribute towards the cost of materials according to a sliding scale based on the homeowner’s income, expenses and circumstances. Again, please don’t hesitate to ask.
5. The household income must be at or below 180% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. See table below.
Exceptions can be made for homeowners if they demonstrate high monthly expenses such as medical or mortgage costs.
Projects don’t always satisfy all five criteria and may still be selected if a particular need is demonstrated.
Please note: COVER is willing to work in some way with all home owners and renters (with permission from landlords). COVER uses a sliding scale based on income to determine product costs. COVER works with qualifying home owners and volunteers to supply the labor at no charge.