We welcome you to try it out for a day!
~No experience is necessary.
~You can volunteer for home repair, or in The COVER Store.
~Age Requirements: You must be 16 years or older to volunteer on a home repair job site.
To volunteer contact:
Mary Sutton-Smith, Volunteer Coordinator
(802) 296-7241 ext. 104
Please contact me if you want to volunteer but do not see an opening that works for you.
I will work with you to find something. We need you!
Need a ride from White River Junction to our home project? ASK!
~December 22, 27 1 volunteer needed each day to help COVER Store staff with donation pick ups around the Upper Valley, 10 am – 5 pm.
Need to be able to lift 40 pounds.
Home Repair and weatherization:
Thursday, December 14
Weatherization in Grafton, NH
1 volunteer needed
Friday, December 15
Weatherization in Charlestown, NH
FILLED by Hypertherm, TomTom and community members
Saturday, December 16
Weatherization in White River Junction, VT
FILLED by Hypertherm and community members
Projects every Thursday, Friday,and Saturday from 9-4.
Due to the urgent nature of the repairs needed we usually book only three weeks out. Please feel free to sign up for a given day in the future if you are willing to do whatever project gets assigned to that day. Thank You.
Home Repair and Weatherization
- Each home repair workday is 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, weatherization workdays vary in length.
- At each jobsite all tools, materials, safety gear, and lunch for the crew are provided.
- To volunteer on a COVER jobsite no prior experience with the work or tools is necessary.
- You are welcome to sign up for one day at a time.
- COVER’s home repair programs rely on Volunteers in order to complete our scheduled projects that have met our project criteria and have been through a COVER site visit. We typically engage over 300 volunteers/year. When volunteering on home repair and weatherization projects we offer you an opportunity to learn from skilled Work Leaders or to share the skills you already have and engage in meaningful work that will make a difference in someone’s everyday life.
- If you are a skilled trades person and would like to offer your volunteer time specifically with those skills (electrician, plumber, skilled carpenter), please let us know.
- When you volunteer in the store you help all of our programs as the store provides funding for our Home Repair and Weatherization programs.
- Store volunteering can be any time that we are open; Tuesday-Saturday 10-5 and Sunday 12-5.
- You can volunteer a whole day or just a few hours. You can find a time that works for you and become a regular!
- We need volunteers Fridays to ride with a store staff member around the Upper Valley and pick up donated items. (10-4). Need to be able to lift 40 pounds and go up and down stairs.
- We need volunteers on Saturdays to help with customer service, cleaning, painting and organizing merchandise that has been donated.
Imagine that in order to make your house warm, safe and dry you accepted a group of strangers from different walks of life into your home. We reflect on what that might feel like, and how we’d wish those strangers would act in our homes. We keep that in mind as we spend time in homeowners’ spaces.
We build community by approaching each other with respect and empathy. We appreciate your help and we hope you are excited to get to know your neighbors. It may have taken a lot of courage to step forward and ask for help. We thank the homeowners for inviting us into their homes.